Although Android’s newest iteration is available to only a handful of devices so far, the aftermarket development community is already hard at work releasing custom ROMs for older smartphones. Over the last few weeks, a bunch of phones have received custom ROMs based on Android 13. The venerable Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, and the Galaxy Note 8 are the latest to join the Android 13 custom ROM party.
Once the flashing process is completed, you will be able to see the Success Message in Xiaomi Flash Tool. Always backup existing firmware before flashing any firmware. You should install a provided USB Driver on your computer before the flashing process. Do not need to re-install USB Driver if you installed it before.
- The Redmi Note series has inarguably been Xiaomi’s most successful product lineup across Asia, and the recently launched Redmi Note 7 series has been one of the best selling products in its segment.
- A bunch of devices from Xiaomi, OPPO, Samsung, and other OEMs have stock firmware now gained official support for ARCore.
- Despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent decline in smartphone sales, Samsung and Xiaomi seem to be continuing the trend this year.
- It was started as CyanogenMod and known to be the first custom ROM or firmware which was able to make its way to some smartphone as pre-installed default firmware.
- The majority of Xiaomi users always use custom ROMs in their mobile after purchase due to heavily customized MIUI.
- The methods for using this are replacing a free theme from the theme store or root access.
The team behind the popular LineageOS custom ROM has added LineageOS 17.1 support for the OnePlus 7T Pro, Redmi Note 8/8T, and Xperia Z3 series. Xiaomi kicked off its Android 11 update rollout with the Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, and the Redmi K30 Pro in September last year. The company has since rolled out MIUI 12-flavored Android 11 for a couple of devices, including the Mi 10 Lite, Mi Note 10 Lite, Redmi Note 9 Pro/Redmi Note 9S, and more. Continuing the update flow, the Chinese OEM is now rolling out Android 11 via MIUI 12’s stable channel for the Mi 10T Lite, Mi Note 10, and the Redmi Note 8 in select regions. Remember that running the stock firmware for your phone is not the same as running stock Android itself—it still includes the skin, apps, and other tweaks your phone’s manufacturer has added.
If you own an Exynos Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, or Galaxy Note 8 and have been itching to try out a closer-to-stock version of Android 11, well, you now can. After a bunch of leaks and teasers, Xiaomi released the Redmi Note 8 Pro alongside the Redmi Note 8, RedmiBook laptop and Redmi TV at an event in China. The Redmi Note 8 Pro is the latest flagbearer of one of Xiaomi’s most successful product lineups, succeeding devices like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro. In line with recent practice from the Chinese OEM, Xiaomi has released the kernel sources of the Redmi Note 8 Pro’s Android Pie release. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 series has been one of the best-selling products in its segment in the country, and the Redmi Note series to date has sold over a 100 Million devices globally.